When Life Hands You Lemons - Avalon Organics Hand Soap

Since becoming a teacher, I've noticed I wash my hands more than I ever did while working in retail. It's a well-known fact that teachers, children and healthcare professionals are at greatest risk of picking up colds and flu. Regular old supermarket hand washes are just too harsh for my ridiculously sensitive skin, leaving it dry and itchy. It's important to me that a hand wash does more than just foam and smell nice, it needs to have antibacterial properties too as I can be a bit of a germophobe!


Avalon Organics Lemon Glycerin Hand Soap makes washing my hands a real treat. Easily worked into a rich lather, the lemon scent is truly invigorating and not all at synthetic. Hands are left feeling fresh and clean, slightly moisturised but with none of the sticky residue often left behind by cheaper hand washes. At €5.79 from Evergreen, it is slightly more than I would generally consider paying for a hand soap but a little goes a long way and after months of use, I'm still on my first bottle. A definite repurchase in the future, I'm tempted to try the peppermint version next.

Leave a comment