Glow With Goe - Jao Brand Goe Oil

Sometimes, just sometimes, an impulse buy pays off. Thankfully this was the case with the rather marvellous Jao Brand Goe Oil, something I picked up on a brief visit to London during the summer. I'd be lying if I said I'd heard of the brand before. What happened was that I made a beeline for the natural beauty lover's paradise that is Content Beauty and to my dismay realised that many of their lovely goodies were over the 100ml liquid limit allowed in my hand luggage. Some bright spark noticed however that since Goe Oil is semi-solid and measured in grams it technically didn't count as a liquid, yay! Nevertheless I had the poor girls in the shop's heads wrecked trying to convert the grams to millilitres just in case someone got fussy at the airport.


I had come to London without any kind of body moisturiser (silly me) and my legs in particular were extremely dry having been recently epilated. I knew I was going out that night and would need something to make my legs look/feel somewhat decent. I tried a little on the back of my hand and while I wasn't at first sold on the floral scent, I loved the way it immediately sank into my skin, leaving behind an oh-so-subtle sheen.

I liked it so much that when I was getting ready that night back in my hotel room, I used it pretty much all over, focusing on my arms, chest and legs. My skin soaked it right up and was left feeling thoroughly moisturised without any of the unpleasant greasiness I've come to associate with body butters and oils. The texture is unusual in that it's so thick it reminds me of applying an ointment.


I've found it hard in the past to find a completely natural body moisturiser, one so gentle I could use it on blemished or irritated skin (post-epilation), but its winning combination of 28 plant, fruit and flower oils and butters means Goe Oil really is 100% natural. The floral scent is due to Monoi from Tahiti apparently and it really does grow on you after a short period of adjustment; now I quite enjoy getting a whiff every time I wave my arms around! It's worth noting that I tend to be averse to heavy fragrances in general or anything with rose or lavender as an ingredient.


The Jao Brand website lists a number of uses for Goe Oil, most of which I've yet to try; these range from eye makeup remover to frizz tamer. I can confirm however that it can be used quite successfully as a lip balm in an emergency and leaves a nice shine behind!

Not only do I adore the product itself but can we talk about its packaging for a second? There's something so funky about the delightfully squeezy aluminium tube and its blue, white and silver colour scheme. I guess you could say I've gone gaga for Goe. Sorry. *hangs head in shame*

Leave a comment